Sandpiper Chick on Perch | Glass Ornament by The Glass Bakery
The Sandpiper is a favourite on the beach. He's a long-legged bird commonly found running around the mud-flats of the Bay of Fundy and along the sandy beaches of Maritime Canada.
The neutral tones of the birds lend themselves to a wide range of colour palettes. Pair them with other shorebirds for a real coastal feel!
- Your bird is made entirely from glass - no paints, glazes or moulds
- The shape was designed and hand-cut, then layers of coloured crushed glass built up on the clear shape before firing the bird is in a kiln over many hours
- The pair comes with a detachable live edge log perch that has been sanded on the underside for stability. Simply slot the birds legs into the holes in the top side of the wood
- The bird you're purchasing is not the exact bird in the picture, but will look very similar. Please expect minor variations in tone and shade due to the handcrafted, unique and whimsical nature of the work
- Because the birds are created using successive layering of glass, their detail is best seen from the front
- Handcrafted in Nova Scotia by The Glass Bakery
- Size: Chicks ~2.5”, Adults ~3.5”
- Material: Glass ornament and driftwood perch
We Also Recommend
Creative Mind Happy Soul Inspirational Self Care Journal | Designed by Doodle Lovely
Doodle By Number Book | A Guide to Calming the Chaos Designed by Doodle Lovely
Piping Plover Chick on Perch | Glass Ornament by The Glass Bakery