Pottery Making Workshops
Make Your Own Pottery
Our Play in Clay pottery making workshops offer a 2-hour, hands-on pottery making experience. Come and feel the joy that comes from working clay by hand and transforming it into your own work of art. It is the joy of making!
Here is how it works:
- Start the 2-hour workshop with a demonstration of how we transform lumps of clay into works of art led by a skilled member of the Island Stoneware team
- This workshop is building from slab (it's like putting a pie crust in a pie shell). You will not be using a potter's wheel in this workshop.
- Browse from the dozens of forms to select the pieces you want to make. Up to 3 pieces are included in your workshop fee, depending on size. You can make as many additional pieces as you wish and pay as you go. Prices range from ~$5-15
- Plan your pottery design (you can also get inspired by our many samples)
- Let go of your need to make it perfect and enjoy the moment of building pottery from slab!
- Leave your work of art with us to be professionally glazed and kiln-fired
- Your finished pieces will be ready approximately 2.5 - 3 weeks after your session.
What to expect
- You're going to get your hands dirty!
- Your sight will be filled with beautiful, inspiring finished pottery handmade in our studio and by our artisans at work alongside you.
- You will smell the earthy aroma of wet clay being worked and experience the joy of playing in the mud.
What you will learn
- Building pottery from slab is easy to learn and ideal for everyone from first-timers to pros.
- You will learn about the various stages of pottery production and what it takes to make pottery for a living by creating your very own work.